SEQUINS AND DOOM


Lenni the Label Doom Jacket, Volcom jeans, vintage hat, sunglasses and turquoise necklace.

I'm probably not the best collaborator. I should be, and I'd like to be, as an artist. But after spending so much time working alone, in my own head, in a bubble that at times is so intensely focused I can't even hear what is going on around me, it's a bit hard to admit someone else into that space. And when you're used to being the sole arbiter of ideas in your work, it's a weird thing to try and see someone else's vision. 

So, it's a good thing that Lenni the Label knows how to take an idea and run with it. The Doom Jacket is one of my very favourite incarnations of my work, mostly because, well, sequins and tie-dye. I love how Lenni took this tiny little drawing, that I wouldn't have thought twice about using anywhere, and made it something new and striking.

The only downside is that it's freezing and blowing arctic winds and rain in Melbourne right now, so it's really no time for short sleeves.
But soon enough ...

2 comments:

  1. Love! it's humid and blazin' here in the states so it would be super nice to wear in the evening. Loving your blog ( just stumbled upon you yesterday).
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...